Tuesday 10 July 2007

The beginning...

Well, not so much yeehaw at the beginning, as Agni didn't fit in the box and I could not smuggle her into the US. And she didn't have much luck hitch hiking either...



In my traditional style I almost didn't make it, and as always I was very confident I had so much time to spare. My flight was leaving at 12:15 from Gatwick and I left the old flat for the last time at 10:30. It seemed fine, a few minutes to get from Swiss Cottage to Victoria, then 30 minutes for the Gatwick Express, I thought I'd be at the airport more than an hour before departure...

Well, to cut it short I was lucky to get the 11:00 train, I had to run and buy the ticket on board. And I was also very lucky that my flight was leaving from the South terminal, had it been in the other one I would have had to take the shuttle and add another 10 minutes to my adventure...

I got to the US Airways counter at 11:38, and it was empty, suspiciously empty. I asked about my flight and got the usual answer "please, don't tell me your are going to Philly!!!" and the usual scramble started, they radioed someone to get my bags, someone else to print the tags, they radioed security and I guess they also told the pilot to wait for me.

Well, I made it, and in the end even had time to grab a few gifts for my parents and my soon to be born niece.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home