Wednesday 11 July 2007

Hardest belly ever!

First stop was Miami, my sister was supposed to give birth on Saturday 7 July 2007, or 07-07-07

Well that was the plan, the doctor was positive it would happen when he said it would, my parents believed him and flew all the way from Chile to be there that weekend. Last time we had all been together was in October, so it was nice to stop on my way to Dallas.

This is how my sister looked, seemed ready to go if you ask me, but later we knew that little Amy had a bit of a problem, she's got the Espinoza head and got stuck, so nothing happened that weekend.



By the way, to me Amy will always be Maria Attila, the name I suggested and that my sister didn't like. She asked me about names and I told her that I had a list for all my future sons, but none for girls. Top of the list is Attila, and in a generous gesture I told her she could use it first, I even solved the problem of converting it to a female name: in Chile you can use pretty much anything as a middle name after Maria and it still sounds girly, Maria Attila was my best idea ever. But she didn't like it, and chose Amy Kaitlyn instead. I don't understand.

Oh, and about the hardest belly, I had never touched a pregnant woman's belly before. I assumed that they were soft, as they are full of water, but no, they are hard as a fuly inflated football. Unbelievable, super tight skin, andit sounds like a water melon. Now that I think about it, it feels, sounds, and moves like a water melon. It probably even weighs the same, about 8 pounds. Yep, water melon belly.



So, water melon belly stayed that way for the whole weekend, I flew to dallas on Monday and my father to Santiago on Tuesday, only my mother stayed to witness the birth late that Tuesday. I am not too keen on fresh babies anyway, they look much better when they are dry, with open eyes, some teeth, etc.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

11 November 2008 at 23:24  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home