Wednesday 1 August 2007

Lord of the rings!!!

So, Maria Attila Anderson was born, and my sister asked me to be the godfather. Yep, Don Espinoza, il Padrino!!!!!!

I immediately set my priorities right, as usual, and started looking for an engraved ring for the ceremony. I am sure almost everyone has seen The Godfather, the film, and if you have you certainly remember the last scene, when Michael is sort of crowned the new Don Corleone, and everyone kisses his ring. Just in case you haven't seen the film (errr... Nadya?) the plot is here .

The idea was to get a big monogrammed gold ring, but of course that was too expensive for something I would only wear a couple of hours. After all, I am not a blingy guy, I am not a hip hop star, I don't even like hip hop, I can't weer a gold ring!

I visited many jewelleries and told them all about my plan. They found it very funny, but the cheapest ring they had was $460.

Then I found this cheapo ring in a small hip hop store (seriosuly, their slogan is "hip hop in style") I liked the N, which meant that it would not need to be customised, i.e. I could return it right after the baptism. It was an option...









This other ring is horryfing, but they said they could take the glass bits off and fill the holes with silver, making a flat surface they would have engraved with my initials. Nah, too complicated...




And then as always I got inspired in the last minute, I disassembled my wrist watch and with the band I made a ring. I liked it so much that I got it engraved, now this is a powerful ring!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home